Firstly, I’m a little jealous of all these ice cream recipes and concoctions suddenly flying around. Yes, I know America celebrates ice cream month in July, but you know what? July is freezing for some parts of the world.
But I never give up my ice cream. Even in the middle of winter, when I eat it sitting in front of the heater. Also, my freezer is full and there’s no room to chill my ice cream bowl…
Secondly, this was Jamie Oliver’s dessert, or the third course, in this particular 30-Minute Meal. This may or may not be part of the reason why I chose to try out this three-course meal…
As per usual, some changes were made. Jamie made this with frozen mangos, which I was unable to find. He also used natural yogurt, which would have made this raspberry version extremely tart.
A very tasty and healthier version of ice cream… but just you wait until I clean out my freezer…
Raspberry Frozen Yogurt
- 500g frozen raspberries
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 250g vanilla yogurt*
- Juice from half a lime**
- 4 leaves of mint
- 6 mini waffle cones
- Dark chocolate (finely grated) (optional)
- Put the frozen raspberries in a food processor and pulse until they start to break down.
- Add the yogurt, lime juice, honey and mint and continue to pulse until it reaches a smooth consistency.
- If using immediately, scoop onto a cone or a bowl and grate some chocolate over the top. Otherwise, put it in a container and store it in the freezer.
* If you find frozen mangos, or you decide to use a different kind of frozen fruit that is sweet, use natural yogurt instead of vanilla yogurt.
** If you are making this frozen yogurt with frozen fruits that are sweet, you may need to use the juice of an entire lime.