Happy world pasta day people!
To me, there is nothing more comforting than a bowl full of pasta. But not just any pasta… creamy, cheesy pasta, preferably with mushrooms. Simple, delicious, comforting… mmm…
Mushroom and Leek Alfredo Pasta
- 500g spaghetti or fettuccini
- 300ml heavy cream
- 30g butter
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 leek (white and light green part only, halved and thinly sliced)
- 200g swiss brown mushrooms (thickly sliced)
- 50g to 100g parmesan cheese (grated)
- Pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- Salt and pepper
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water until al dente and then drain.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and nutmeg and stir until fragrant.
- Add the leeks and cook for 5 minutes, or until they begin to soften. Add the mushrooms and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and being to a simmer, but do not allow to come to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir to melt and combine. Remove from heat.
- Add the cooked pasta to the alfredo sauce and toss gently until combined.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.