Sorry peoples, no recipe this time…
There is always time for ice cream… Whether it’s cuddled up under a blanket reading a book, sitting in front of a heater listening to a thunderstorm raging outside, at the cinema with friends, strolling through a park on the first warm day of the season, or on a stinking hot day where it melts faster than you can eat it… Any moment can be an ice cream moment.
Some friends and I went to the Oceania heats of the Gelato World Tour today.
Eight Capitals of Gelato will battle it out and send their top three winners to the finals in Italy, which will take place in September 2014, to see who will win the title of World’s Best Gelato.
Of the sixteen flavours up for the award, we sampled:
- Cremino (salted caramel gelato with gainduia fudge, meringue and crushed amaretti) by Donato Toce and Simone Panetta
- Dark Chocolate by Plamen Milanov
- Banana with Dulce de Leche byMark Mariotti
- Rusty Chocolate (chocolate gelato made from red cocoa) by Martino Piccolo
- Deconstructed Kaya Toast (pandan kaya – carameslised coconut egg jam – gelato) by Min Chai
- Pavlova Gelato by Diana Kontoprias
- Pistachio Crunch by Voula Makrygiannakis
- Za’-Za’s Revolution (a hazelnut and pralines gelato).
If anyone’s interested, info can be found on the Gelato World Tour website.